Thursday, January 27

334 - Evolve

I'm getting that feeling again...

My advisor is trying to drop me from my CS class because I have to sign some paper or something. All I have to do is show up at her office, sign it, and nothing happens. So, I plan on going to her office at 9 in the morn to straighten things out.

Advisors here at UT suck. Because there are so many students, there is virutally no connection between one student and one advisor. Emails from them are rare, and those require little effort. The fact that this could have been taken care of had I been informed earlier really pisses me off. It's a stupid form.

So, now I have to get up just a little earlier. I'm not a morning person, so I'm going to be in a terrible mood. I'm going to want to burn things (I'm not an arsonist) and I'm going to want to smash things (I'm not in love with destruction.) They jack up the tuition, fire faculty, and build hotels. It's amazing. Why am I here then, you ask? Because I made a bad decision. Simple enough.

I have friends here in Austin. Good friends. But my closest friends aren't closer to me in terms of distance. 90% of them live in the Dallas area. It sucks when I think about it now. I was told that I need to go here, that I was ready. I'm such a sucker. Yea, I'm 35 hours away from practically whatever liberal arts degree I want (which isn't what I want,) but I'd rather be in Dallas. But I made a bad decision.

I don't mean to thumb my nose at liberal arts degrees. Any degree is a sign of accomplishment, no matter where from. But people and tests made me believe that science or engineering was my calling. Strike one of those out. (Psst, I'm talking about engineering.)

Either way, I've pretty much brought myself down into hell now. I'm going to retire into the flames and come back stronger than ever. Hopefully.

{Editor's Note: FBombAndy meant to put A Perfect Circle's Rose as his song for the post. Good lyrics, good song.}

2 comments:

rowdielou said...

Totally understand about being annoyed at university advisors! I've had my AA for two quarters now, waiting in deferment, because the advisors at UW didn't tell me that if I would have added another major choice to my app (any major, they wouldn't have cared, because I can't declare yet anyway), I would have gotten in last fall. However, they didn't tell me this, and because the Psych dept was full, they threw me into deferment. It may have been for the best though, because I found Seattle U.

Also ~ I have faith in you becoming that phoenix! You'll rawk their socks off! ;)

FBombAndy said...

It's amazing how dysfunctional the administration can be. Should we really be listening to them? Are they good role models?

I just need a little bit more time...