Monday, January 3

295 - Aspirations

My mom went back home today. My dad is back from El Paso. Don't know how long he'll be home. We're just waiting for the phone call.

I can't wait until we get out of South Austin. I want to be up north. I want to be in the fancy apartments. I don't want to be paranoid.

I'm still searching for each and every one of my flaws. I think I learned today that I expect too much from people. And to be honest, I don't expect much to begin with.

I realize now that all I want is validation. Acknowledgement. That poem I wrote...while my intention was to make another happy, I unknowingly wrote what I want as well.

Sometimes when I'm talking to people, I feel like I talk about myself too much. And anyone who has talked to me in person will probably say that's impossible. But, I could be right.

Sometimes I think about quitting everything and running away. Not running away like high school running away. More like leaving the country and not telling people where I am. I'd tell a select choice of people that 'I needed to be alone, and I'll be fine.' And not permanently. I'd come back a few years later. Maybe a decade. Something weird.

Either way, listen to Marvin Gaye's What's Going On. Good stuff.
(Promised I wouldn't post lyrics, but I'll still talk about songs.)

No comments: