Thursday, April 22

The game...

Played 25 with roomie and his friend M. They double-teamed me towards the end, and their defense was pretty good. They understood that one person should be up front and the other should be waiting for any drives to the basket. At first though, they were taking sides of the court. It was easy to break that down, and that led to a quick 12 points. But then the roomie got hot and M couldn't hold him up close. We switched up, and I gave hand signals to him to put him in the position to make the block or steal. It worked. Roomie got 23, and after that didn't get another point. M had 20 or 21 I think, and I purposely made roomie gaurd him. This freed me up for rebounds, when I only had 17 points. Quick drive, 19. Hit the two-point free throw from the top of the key, 21. (That one was ugly to, because I banked it in without calling it.) it another from the top of the key, 23. (Much better than before.) Missed next free throw. Some missed shots later, I get a rebound. Take it out behind the three-point line. Closest person is M and he's 5 feet back. Considering I have 23, it would make sense to protect the lay-up. Well, I decided to just shoot and see what happens. Swish. Game. Felt good. Out of breath, but I felt good. The three of us shot around a bit afterwards, where I impressed them again with my "Antoine Walker at the buzzer" imitation. Now 2 out of 3.

Gonna play some football, basketball, on Friday. Still gotta do my program though. I'm hoping that doesn't take me too long. Don't think I'm going to Gov't tomorrow. Oh well, I'll get the notes from someone else.

Finished my paper, and now I am drained. 7 hours on one stupid paper, 2 hours of basketball, and also 2 hours of homework earlier this morning. It's not the same workload as other people I know (B). I still consider this day to be more busy than any of the others I have had in a long while. Time for sleep.

No comments: