Tuesday, April 20

Emotions...

If there's anything I can't stand, it's when someone loses control of their emotions.

I've learned how to handle my emotions. I can call them back up whenever I need them also. When I'm angry, I store it away for a better time. When I'm on the court, I bring it out and use it to play better. Roomie can now testify to that.

People need to understand that being pissed about something is going to happen. Everyone gets pissed at one time or another. What matters is how you deal with it. If you go around hitting things and yelling at people, what does it solve? Sure, you might feel better afterwards, but now you've just passed on your frustration to another person. It creates an endless cycle, assuming that person goes and yells at another.

If everyone in the world had better self-control, the world would be a better place. I'm not going to hold my breath, because it's just an idea. I'm no hippie. I'm not going to go block traffic and make it so. I'm going to sit in my chair and listen to some more music. There are plenty of ways to imrove this place. How many are practical though?

People will argue that emotions are necessary and such. I agree with them. I just think everyone needs to be a little desensitized. Don't get angry because you tripped over a curb or something. Get angry if someone punches you in the face. Don't get sad when you spill milk. Get sad when there's a real tragedy.

No comments: