Thursday, June 23

502

Let's start with the biggest news of this NBA season.

Shawn Bradley is going to retire! This is very bittersweet. He ate up millions of the Mavs salary cap. But also, he provided comedy relief the second he stepped on the court. How many times has he walked on the court, got called for a foul within 5 seconds, and then picked up a technical foul for clapping his hands? Whereas Tim Duncan can yell for 2 minutes straight and not get a tech, if Bradley looks at the ref, he gets a tech. Also, throw in his superpower of turning red on command. Mavs basketball is going to miss this piece of entertainment.

And on to the second biggest news. The Spurs won. I was right on my final prediction. And for the first 3 quarters, I was worried. I really thought Detroit was going to pull away with it. After seeing 'Sheed hit that 3-pointer with less than a minute remaining, I felt bad for him. I can relate to 'Sheed because I do have a mean temper. So, to summarize, I hate the Spurs more than ever because they made me look bad 3 times, and now the Mavs have to face the 'defending champion' 4 times next season. I also have sympathy for the Pistons, mainly because I want to see 'Sheed succeed.

I am not active in politics, nor do I grab a newspaper for the sole purpose of catching up on current issues. Honestly, I do not care for politics. However, there's something about an amendment that bans flag-burning. Do you want to find out why I do not discuss politics?

It's because I do not take sides on issues. I see both sides with every disagreement. So, I'm stuck in the middle very often. And who really likes a person who is a middle-of-the-road type?

There are two types of people from what I understand. There are those who think there are only absolutes, and then there are those that see the shaded area in the middle.

So, there's the argument that flag-burning should be allowed because of the 1st amendment. Then there's the argument that flag-burning is a symbol of defiance or a challenge to the government. I can completely understand both of these perspectives. And because I do not see one as being right and the other being wrong, I am in no-man's land.

You can name any issue, and I will tell you what I think. But do not expect a clear 'yes' or 'no.'

In case you're wondering, this was my source of inspiration.

Alright, I don't have to wake up until 8:30AM or so. I can stay up for a little bit. Maybe I'll add on later tonight. By the which, I did record a little bit of stuff for my 5th podcast, but I feel that I need more material before I begin editing. I expect it to be up by Sunday night.

Song of the Moment: Audioslave - Be Yourself

No comments: