Monday, June 13

492

I just read a story about boys who are thrown out of their polygamous societies for wearing short-sleeved shirts, listening to music, and dating. Teenagers receive as little as 2 hours notice before they are driven to a different city. There, they are left on the side of the road and forced to create a living on their own.

This is done so that there is less competition for older men, and to ensure that there are more available woman.

This is stupid. Some old men are afraid of a little competition.

I admit, when there's a chic around, and there are other guys in the area, I tend to get a little competitive. I try to show off what I'm capable of. I won't purposely make fun of people, or laugh at their misfortunes. But if they are the better man, then so be it.

I almost want to move to these polygamous societies just to take all of the women. I'd like to see some old geezer try to kick me out. It would take an army.

Either way, I have to go to campus early tomorrow because the libraries here are run by the incompetent. Oh, same goes for the advising offices. And the financial aid office.

Looking back, I shouldn't have encouraged Fermin to come here. It's better for him at Cornell. It sucks here too much. But I'm already so far down the road, I might as well finish and move on.

No comments: