Sunday, June 19

498

Podcast 3 is now up. (Click the link. Click the title.) It's a large file, so I hope you have DSL or cable. Let me know what you think.

It's late, and I need sleep. So I'll make this a real post later today.

{Real post starts here.}

Spurs in 6. That's right. Who knew Old Man Horry still had it in him? Amazing. Spurs in 6.

This weekend has sucked so much that there is no way for me to describe it in a PG-13 setting. But here, I'll try.

It sucked like a professional sex 'therapist' performing an extreme act of love on a man. And I'll leave it at that.

I spent most of today wishing that there could be one more day of rest, but as I check my clock and calendar, it didn't work. Tomorrow is still Monday. It's still going to be incredibly hot. And I still have to go to two classes. My only ray of hope is that afterwards I can come home and sleep/play games/call people/do nothing.

I recently found some more inspiration for a new podcast. I know, I just put one up about 18 hours ago. But I realize that there are many things I'm holding back. I've given myself boundaries, but that's not the way I do things. I should just be myself.

There are people I miss, but they shouldn't need me to tell them so. Nevertheless, if you're not sure, ask. I'll be honest.

My nephew took steps today. He took his first step a week ago or so, but today he put together a string of steps. And he did it a couple of times. I recorded it with my phone. Great stuff. My dad really liked it.

Speaking of which, today was Father's Day. I want to give my dad praise.

By the time he was 18, he already had two kids with my mother, who was 19. Somehow, he managed to make a living, support my mother, and raise my brother and sister. I was born when he was 26. He spent a ton of time with me. I was his 'shadow' as he liked to say. I followed him everywhere. When I was growing up, I did want to be just like him.

All three of us (my bro, my sis, and I) are of above average intelligence. We all graduated in the top 10% of our class, did well on our SATs, and so on. My father worked his butt off to make sure we had the necessary items to succeed. He made sure we had the motivation as well.

If I can be half of the father he is, I'll be more than happy. Of course, that's if/when I decide to have kids and do all of the settling down and what-not.

Either way, I'm going to sleep. I'm out.

Song of the Moment: Radiohead - I Will

No comments: