Friday, February 18

355 - Yikes

Where to begin...

Firstly, the Mavs came back from a 10 point halftime deficit and won last night. That was awesome. Definitely worth staying up for.

Secondly, I'm in a bit of a jam concerning how I should feel right now. And maybe I should give some details that I've been holding back.

When I met her, I did not know if she was single, seeing someone, or even married. I didn't ask, I didn't really care at the time. Then I fell for her. I didn't say anything right away because I needed to know that she was single first.

Well, she did have a boyfriend. But things were looking south. So I figured I wouldn't interfere with anything and just stay by her side. (I kind of left this out in all of my other posts.)

Well today I find out she isn't with him. And before I can recollect myself, she drops the bomb that she already has a new boyfriend, who may not be happy (reasons being confidential.) So, I'm back to square one.

But I do realize something. I was wrong about my bad vibe. Totally wrong, and I have no problem admitting that.

She came into the lab 5 minutes after I did and walked towards where one of our other friends was sitting, but then she saw me, changed directions, and sat next to me. We laughed about some stuff and talked about movies for about 30 minutes. Then we had our walk after class. Later in the afternoon we had a short text conversation.

I like to think that I can figure people out rather well. And this is what I can tell. I think she knows I have feelings for her, it's just that I haven't been in the right place at the right time.

As far as how strong these feelings are, I guess I don't know.

Either way, things are looking up. This is good.

By the which, I apologize for not giving out all of the facts. Honestly I felt that had the whole world known I was chasing an unavailable woman, I would have been handed the label of 'village idiot.' And the reason I kept pursuing is because I was once told, "I'll dump him so we can be together." By another, different chic. And you know, that might get me the title of 'village idiot' because really now, if she'll do that to some guy, how do you know she won't do the same to you? Yea yea...

Even with all this, being single is still less complicated.

2 comments:

rowdielou said...

I'm not a big sports fan, so I can't really comment on sports-related topics. On that note, Go Mavs! (whoever they are) :D

I can totally relate to your feelings towards this girl. And truthfully, you *may* not have been wrong about your bad vibe. If she does know that you're interested in her, but she's already got another boyfriend, then that's something you have to sort-out on your own. And I would never give you the title of 'village idiot' (well, unless they called me...hehehe), because *we've* all been there. You're not an idiot...you're not any worse than anyone else I've ever met (including myself)...we've all been there.

FBombAndy said...

Ah, my Dallas Mavericks. They are greatness.

That's a good point. The tricky part is figuring out when exactly she found out. If she does indeed know.

I like these kinds of puzzles though. I like being the detective with these things.