Wednesday, February 2

337 - Failure

"Subject: Dear God
Message: I quit, God. You win. Having me think about her is rough enough. But having her walk in front of me and not even acknowledge me is torture. Obviously I was wrong to stay. Maybe she just didn't see me, I don't know. But it doesn't really matter, does it?"

This is the text message I wanted to send to her this afternoon. And it is very possible she just didn't see me. But the fact that there is doubt in my mind is proof enough that I'm not sure of this friendship.

I'm not going to lab this Friday. If she notices, then I'm wrong. If there's nothing there, then I'll find other ladies to make happy. I'll go to a different lab.

I know, that's three times now that I've typed the word 'God' in the past two posts. And before the last one, I had never done it before.

I'm broken down. The past 36 hours have really tested me, and I've failed. Throw in the fact that I've received more bad news only 36 minutes ago, and I just want to break. Today is not my day. This month is looking to be the worst in quite a while.

4 comments:

rowdielou said...

It's that time again...getting closer and closer to V-Day (or, VD-day, which ever you prefer). I hate this. I hope it gets better for you. I'm sorry about your bad news. I don't think you've failed, I think it's just another step in your learning process. If she did see you, and is ignoring you, then that just means she's not worth *you*. *And she's not!*

FBombAndy said...

What an odd coincidence, doing the VD thing on V-day. Everytime I go to the store with my brother, I always end up forgetting to get something. And he always says the same thing...

"Weren't you going to get an industrial size box of condoms?"

Not that I'm a man-whore or anything. He just says it to be funny.

rowdielou said...

And what canny reply do you say? ;)

FBombAndy said...

"A large box of condoms or a box of large condoms?"

Ok...that was bad.