Thursday, March 17

395

Alright, I just read a blog, and I don't want to use names. Let's just say that this person will know.

And yea, I don't know whether to be sorry or not either. I think I should, but, I don't know. I give up.

My hair cut and coloring costs around $50. How much would I spend on a date though? Hmm...if it were a first date, and I really knew her, I can definitely imagine somewhere around $75. Although, the second date would be more...'economic.' I'm not much into the movie scene (which I'll give reasons for), so I would definitely pick a special restaurant. I'll put a name on here when I get back to Austin, because I know where it is, I've just forgotten the name. Then to a place like Marble Slab for dessert. Twice as nice. Then to Flipnotics for an Earthquake shake. So yea, that would come out to around $65 - $75.

Cologne is like alcohol. A little can be a nice thing, but too much can make you vomit and forget what happened the night before. I have a small bottle of Banana Republic's Classic, which is awesome. I only wear it when I know I need to impress. Do not spray directly onto clothes! Very important.

I hope I don't offend anyone out there, but if you're a guy and you go to a tanning salon, you should really question your sexuality. Really now.

The main reason why I hate going to theaters for a first date is the obvious. What interaction is there really with your date? I think it's the high (middle) school way of getting together with someone of the opposite sex in a dimly-lit environment. I really believe that first dates should be about going somewhere to have a good conversation. When you're at a restaurant, you have to talk while you're waiting for the food, drinks, or whatever. If you're in a theater, you're watching the movie and silence is golden. Wow, that's getting to know someone!

Another big issue is what to wear. That depends on where you're going though. If you're going to your local theater, jeans and a shirt are more than enough. If you're going to a restaurant, jeans and a shirt are fine enough, unless it's one of those rich people restaurants. In fact, everything should be jeans and a shirt. I mean, unless it's a party where costumes or black ties are involved, don't dress up. Save it for the second or third date.

Leather is OK if it's a jacket. No leather pants. A leather trenchcoat is overdoing it.

Unless you're a star wide receiver AND you're currently playing a game, do not wear gloves. Once again, that's overdoing it. Although, if you have a Ferrari or Lamborghini or whatever, a leather glove on you're right hand (for the stick) is fine...if you're 40 or older.

What's another generic first date for me to disassemble?

(Damn you Blogger! You know what you did.)

{Editor's Note: FBombAndy forgot to mention, go check out Yeah Yeah Yeahs' Modern Romance. He probably already did a long time ago, but he says to do it anyway.}

No comments: