Saturday, April 23

442

Today has been rough for me. I've spent most of the past 6 hours trying to vent my anger and frustration. I shouldn't have to say why but if you don't know, just look at ESPN. You'll find the answer. (I'm definitely not in the mood for discussion about this one.)

And now I'm conflicted about something music related.

I'm not into pop. And when I say pop, I mean anything you hear on your city's generic 'Hot 100' radio station. People will tell you Good Charlotte is punk, emo, or other. In my book, it's pop. The Killers are a mix of alternative and pop. Coldplay is that same mix, but much closer to pop. Lindsay Lohan, Spears, Simpson, Duff, and all of the other blondes with pitch-correcting machines are all on my 'do not listen to' list.

I was going through iTunes to find some new music. I just want to find something new. I like the search. I saw the name, Anna Nalick. I had seen it in a Best Buy ad last weekend. I wanted to know who she was and what type she sings.

Definitely pop. But something I read has stuck with me. She wrote her own stuff. Own lyrics, own music. That's impressive. So, I have to give some respect for that. And that means she deserves a listen.

It's not bad. It's actually kind of good. And this poses the problem.

I'm tempted to buy one of her songs, but it's a totally different thing for me when you look at my music collection. People would look through, get a good idea of what I like, and then BAM! What the...?!?

I bet Brandon likes her. She plays guitar. She's brunette. She's cute. She's 20.

I think she goes on the list. Right behind Avril. (The Avril that wears the dress in that "Nobody's Home" video. Not the tie-wearing Avril.)

I'm clicking "Next Blog" to find something new to read out there. No luck. Bunch of ads in the shape of blogs and people who use languages I do not understand.

Alright, that must be a sign for me to go to bed. Sleep.

No comments: