Monday, May 23

466

Alright, I'm back in Austin. Overall, it was a fun trip. Got some basketball out of the way and my dad had a small cookout.

Thursday was pretty good. Of course, I stayed up until 7:20AM, slept until 9:40AM, and got into the car. I might have taken a 20 minute nap on the way home. Then I ate some dunch (the meal between lunch and dinner) and got my hair cut. I feel so much better now. Then we played some basketball with Brandon and Sam. The guys we played beat us kind of bad. They had been there for a while and we came into the game without shooting around first. I got hit in the face and now I have a scrape on the bridge of my nose. It's almost healed and I'm hoping there won't be a scar. After it happened, I set my glasses aside and asked for the ball. I hit a shot right over the guy that was defending me. And that was pretty much my only highlight. When we played the second time, a different guy guarded me. He was full of energy and prevented me from even touching the ball. Halfway into it, I asked Sam to sub in for me. I can't see well without my glasses. I mean, I can see well enough to know if I'm going to run into something, but I can't read a sign 30 feet away.

I don't remember much about Friday. I don't think I did anything. Saturday was alright. I didn't do anything that day either. On Sunday we played soem more basketball. It was scorching hot though, so we didn't stay out there too long. I think it got all the way up to 100 degrees. That's about 15 too many for me. But oh well. Then my dad grilled some steaks, hot links, and salmon. Brandon, Sam, and Millie (Sam's girl) came for that. It was fun. And I still didn't drink. Closing in on 2 years without a drink.

Didn't get much sleep last night. Went to bed at 3:30AM and woke up at 6:45AM. Slept a bit in the car. And then some more when I walked into my room.

No comments: