Monday, May 2

450

So, I played ball this afternoon with my bro. Played for a long time. I lost every game. He was shooting well from the outside, and I didn't play defense. I admit that I gave up halfway into the game each time. Only one game did I really play defense, and that was half-assed defense.

You see, when I play and I get down by alot, I quit using energy. I'd rather take the loss and move on to the next game. And if you beat me 5 times, I'll want a 6th game. Beat me in the 6th, and I'll want a 7th.

I don't like losing. But at the same time, it's my bro. Out on the street, he is better, for now. Put us on an NBA court with NBA refs and I'll win everytime. My bro plays dirty. He bends the rules. I play clean. I even call it when I foul someone. If you've played ball with me, you know this. If you've played ball with my bro, you know that also.

My bro is 2 inches shorter than me, but I'm pretty sure he has 50 pounds on me. He's not fat. I'm just thin. So, knowing this, he likes to throw his body around. He pushes off, hooks with his right arm, and, his dirtiest move of all, he will pump-fake to get you in the air and drive his shoulder into your gut.

Offensively, I can get a good shot on him when I'm determined to. I've shown him that when I play with 100% effort, he doesn't win. He doesn't score. He can't stop me. But then again, rarely do I go 100%. Why? Because I'm bored with 1 on 1. I like games of 25. I like it when there's 3 or more people playing. Although I hate full-court. I just don't have the mind for it yet. But 3 on 3 is nice. That's when I really have fun.

Well today, we were in our 7th or 8th game, I forget which exactly, and he threw his body into mine after missing a shot and practically forced me into the fence. The court we play on is fenced. Well, it finally pissed me off and I lost my composure. I looked right at him and drove right to him. Once again, he outweighs me by a good amount. Not only did he stop me dead in my tracks, but he shoved me to the ground. Didn't make a play for the ball or anything. I got up, and for a split-second I thought about throwing a right hook at his jaw. Instead I shoved him back. I grabbed my cell phone and walked off. If he had held his ground, said, "You charged. My ball." I would have been fine. The shove was unnecessary.

Of course, it was really building up. After the 2nd to last game, he said, "You want to play again? Do I need to shut you out for you to quit?" Honestly, if he shut me out, I would quit. He can't though. But the tone with which he said it was a clear sign of frustration.

I don't think I should play with him anymore. I'm not going to become a better player by having someone shove and bruise me. I already know that I am the superior player both offensively and defensively because of one fact. I don't need to foul to be effective on either side of the ball.

I want to play against people who play the game right. I've played Brandon, and he plays the game right. My dad plays the game right. Fermin plays the game right. Ryan, Marshall, and all of their friends play the game right. These are the people I should be playing against.

So yea, no more basketball with my bro. Not until he learns how to play the right way.

No comments: