Sunday, December 26

Two-Eight-Two

So...I'm back home. At least until Thursday afternoon. At that point, I'm going back to Austin with my Mom. She wants to spend New Year's Eve with my bro and the Kid. I might come back home for another week after that, but it all depends. Honestly, I hated leaving Austin, but I know I have to. Things have been harsh back home. Easily annoyed. So this break should be good. On the other hand, I don't know how well my bro will hold up while I'm gone. It's easier to raise a 7-month old with an extra set of hands when the wife is away. I'm sure he'll manage. Also, my dad got a new scanner/printer/copier and I want to mess around with that. Since my parents are still on dial-up, I'll have to wait until I get back to Austin before I start uploading.

The trip was fine. I forced my mom to listen to A Perfect Circle, Radiohead, and some Audioslave. She likes some of it. She doesn't put up a fight or anything when I take over the CD player in the car because she understands how music keeps me sane. I can handle silence, but only if I must. We talked about some of the things going on in the family. It was good to get my opinion out there.

I went to bed at 4:15 last night and woke up at 10:30 this morning. Consequently, I took a 2 hour nap at 2 in the afternoon. So right now, I feel awake, but I want to sleep. Yea, it's only 1 or so. But I've got nothing else. I might read some books or something, but then what? So, my dreams will be my entertainment.

On that note, I am out.
(Still accepting questions.)

1 comment:

apples said...

Awake but want to sleep must be nice.. I got up at 1:30 this 'morning', that's five hours ago, and now I'm soo tired!