Tuesday, December 28

Two-Eight-Five

Sorry. Three posts is insane. But something I read made me realize that some people can only say what they feel through forwards. Those emails where it has a quote about how great friends are, or about how love should be publicly announced. And I just delete those without looking.

Someone I know could have been reaching out to me through forwards. And I deleted them.

Maybe they wanted to see if I sent it back to them. Maybe they needed to see it sent back. Most people don't take forwards seriously. But I guess a small group of people do.

In a way, I am very direct with how I feel. When I want to tell someone I'll be there for them, I write that statement word for word, or I say it. Every email I send out is written for one person at a time. Just because that's how I communicate, it doesn't mean I should limit others to it.

I need specific details. If you say you like me, I need to know in what way, how much, and why. If I don't get those answers, I sit for hours trying to interpret the message even if there is no hidden meaning. I overanalyze too much. It's just another flaw of mine. I want to fix it.

Maybe they don't take forwards seriously.

But now I'll never know.

{Editor's Note: The inspiration for this post came from here.}

No comments: