Saturday, October 1

585

Well, today just sucked.

I arrived on campus with the expectation of taking my Unit 5 test, passing it, and then going to my Spanish class. Unfortunately, I was in such a hurry this morning that I forgot to bring my Unit 5 Lab. So, I walked into the class, muttered a four-letter word, and left. I can't remember anything.

So, after Spanish, I decided to come home. The bus ride was something else. I spent most of the time staring out of the window and just analyzing everything in my life right now. I'm sure it has to do with the weather. Two days ago, the high temperature was 105 degrees. Today, I think it was 85 degrees. The skies are gray and the wind is cool. I can feel winter coming. Oh, I love winter so much. For me, there is nothing more refreshing than a cold breeze hitting my face. There's only one thing bad about winter. I stop talking, I start thinking, and I go into my emotional hibernation.

So, when I finally made it home I worked on a program that is due Monday at 8PM. Then I got bored with that, so I picked up some tools for learning Ruby. Ruby is a programming language, like Java or C++. Well, it's closer to Java. I've already written a program in Ruby, so I think I'll know it fairly well by the end of this month.

My parents might go to El Paso for Thanksgiving. My bro and my sis-in-law are thinking about going back to Dallas to spend that time with her family. I'll end up staying in Austin most likely. I don't really celebrate Thanksgiving. I just see it as a reason to not have school, eat a ton of food, and watch a Cowboys game. And honestly, all I'm looking for is a break. I haven't had a meaningful vacation in 2 years. I think I might find a nice hotel and spend a few days there. That would be perfect.

Alright, I'm going to sleep. I need sleep.

No comments: