Wednesday, July 20

528

1 more month...1 more month...

Alright, if you don't want to hear a rant, then you should probably leave. But there's something that's been bothering me for quite some time. And it has to do with AIM.

If you use MSN Messenger or Yahoo! Messenger, then you will always know who has added you to their buddy list. But if you use AIM, some guy in the 'pokey' could add you and you wouldn't know it. Why is this? Why does AIM suck like that?

So I've been searching online for whatever code there is for AIM. Does it run on Java? C++? What language? And I have been unsuccessful in my search. I have learned very little about AIM.

The reason I am trying to learn the basic structure of AIM is because I want to know whose buddy list I am on. Then I want to know who they are, if I don't already. Sounds like a simple task, but no, AOL makes another piece of software that has no concern for your privacy.

I hate you, AOL.

Otherwise, I am about to go to bed because I have a test tomorrow morning. And then I have to go to the Tuition Office about some mistake they made. This is going to suck. I hate dealing with people. I hate almost all of the UT Administration. Well, at least the ones that don't give any help. If I send an email to my financial aid counselor, it may take 3 days before I get a response. It may also take an infinite amount of time, as was the case for my first email earlier this semester.

I know that I promised a podcast at some point during this week, but I'm not sure that it will happen. I record my best work when I have the place to myself. But that hasn't been the case lately. Once I can be as loud as I want and say any word I please, I'll hit the record button.

Alright. That's all of it. I've got a big bag of nothin' right now.

Song of the Moment: Audioslave - Drown Me Slowly

No comments: