Monday, July 11

521

About 5 years ago, I had a conversation with one of my exes. I forgot what I said, but that doesn't matter. It's what she said afterwards.

"Sometimes when I'm talking with you, I feel so dumb."

And that sentence has stuck with me since. Now, I think before I even mention something that might relate to physics, math, or whatever. If it isn't normal, relaxed speech, I probably won't say it.

So there I went on my last post, talking about math and crap. And this is my fault. I'm not out to prove that I'm smart or anything like that. I'm not trying to say that I break down math equations when I'm bored.

I'm sorry. It won't happen again.

Song of the Moment: Audioslave - Heaven's Dead

4 comments:

jamie said...

what r u apologizing for? :) its cool that u can look at something like that and be like 'yeah yeah whatever, i see right thru that'.

dont let us hold u back ;) (and i think by us, i mean me...haha)

rowdielou said...

That is the dumbest thing I've ever...read. Why would you hold your intelligence back? I've heard that line before, from an ex, and it's just their way of saying that you make them feel insecure. If someone doesn't understand something, they should ask - not automatically think they're dumb. I once had an ex tell me that I made him feel like less of a man because I was smarter, stronger, and had more "drive" than he did (and I'm not talking sex drive). I didn't stop being me because I made him feel "less". Silly boy. Be yourself. If it's normal for you to think a certain way, it's the more truer (is that a word?) you in your posts (and daily life). :D

Anonymous said...

Andy, when i talk to you...you make me feel like youre pretty dumb. Jk, rock on dude. Ive been told that too by girls...tell you the truth..it always turns me on! Dumb girls are so sexy. ( i might be kidding)

FBombAndy said...

Louie, I'll be honest with you. At first, I didn't get who it was. It took me a few minutes before it hit me. Funny stuff. Never would have thought...

Yea, she might have been a bit insecure. She would say things like "Why do you like me? There are so many other people." But I also didn't want her to feel that way. I don't want anyone to feel that way.

I want everyone to be happy. To feel wanted. And I want to provide a feeling of security for everyone I know. Like when You hold your favorite gal by a roaring fire on a cold winter's night. Or something.