Friday, September 10

A bone...

Alright...you want results?

In a very odd twist of circumstanes, I am actually fine.

The original problem was that my hemoglobin count was too high. I think there were other abundant cells, and that caused my blood to be abnormally thick.

They looked at the results of the bone marrow test as well as the results from today's blood lab. My hemoglobin count was down to average. Everything had gone down. The bone marrow test came back normal. My doctor just looked at me and said, "Whatever was wrong, isn't wrong anymore." He had a look of disbelief on his face, as if there was something inexplicable.

Basically, I was sick. Seriously sick. But now I'm fine.

What do I think?

There was something wrong. You don't go through the process of having bone marrow removed without something being wrong (and I have a scar from that now). You don't have blood drawn every month unless there's something wrong. But whatever it was, it's ok.

While everyone would say that I should be relieved...I have to say that I'm a little disappointed.

I really wanted a definite answer. Not something unreasonable.

But, the doctor does want more blood work done. I have to have blood drawn every 6 months for the next two years, and then every year after that. It's not that bad.

No comments: