Monday, May 3

Stupid...

Things went well this weekend. Didn't do a thing. Just laid around, slept, ate, drank, and what-not. Relaxing, even though I barely got over 7 hours of sleep on any night. It's the weekend, that's the time I catch up on the sleep I missed during the week.

I hate debates, I hate politics, and I hate hearing about them. I don't care. I couldn't care less who the president is, I couldn't care less about how the budget is being used, and I couldn't care less about the war between pro-lifers and pro-choosers. It's not that I feel they are unimportant. I just don't see any point in giving my opinion or hearing another's. Whether you tell me that you are pro-abortion or not doesn't have an effect on anything I do or think. I know what I believe, and I don't mind telling you if you ask. But if you don't ask, I'm not going to say. If I don't ask you, I don't want you to tell me.

Yes, these topics are great for conversation (or in the case of some people I know, yelling and screaming.) But there's a million other topics out there for discussion. I'd rather choose one of those.

When two people are debating the effects of something governmental and they are just talking, not listening to each other, what's the point? That's not the way debates work. There is no transfer of information. It's not communication. People, when you are making a point, make it. But hear out your opposition. Just putting in your two cents and walking away is cowardly and immature. And don't prolong your blabbering by stating everything you already said in different words just so you tire out your opponent and force a surrender.

I just wish more people could actually listen. Wait...

That more people knew when to listen.

No comments: