Saturday, November 20

If Only I Knew

Unsuspecting. Totally oblivious. As am I.

Here's a situation.

I know what I want, but I'll never get it. I know what I need, but it's not what I want. I know what I'll get, and it's neither what I want nor what I need.

So, route A takes a person to a place where they'll be partially happy and partially upset for as far as the path goes. Route B takes a person to a place where they'll be totally upset but for a much shorter length of time than route A.

Anything is better than a zero, right?

So, what's up with the first line, right? This is what I can figure out right now. I'm oblivious to my own actions. I have no idea what I'm doing. And because I don't know what I'm doing, no one else does. Imagine this...

My eyes are closed and I'm about to cross a street at a place where there are no crosswalks. I'm just walking. Just assuming that I won't get hit. Pretty dumb.

I smell something really sweet. I can't get this scent out of my head. I wish there was a physical representation for it. I would drop everything and search the world over twice to find it.

No comments: