Tuesday, March 30

Decisions, decisions...

Dirk went for 35 points, 18 rebounds and 4 assists. The man made comments, and he had backed those words up. Every Mav should acknowledge that Dirk is the man on that team. The go-to guy, the franchise player. Nash went for 31 points and 10 assists. He handles the ball, distributes the ball, decides who gets the next shot. Everyone else should acknowledge that he is second in command. Anywho, enough about the Mavs...

A friend of mine is looking down on herself for previous actions on a specific night. I completely understand how one event can bring someone down. I always end up with some action I regret.

For instance, today on the elevator, a young girl, probably a freshman, started a conversation with me about how tonight was a great night for looking at some planet (Jupiter, I think). She said that there was going to be a show at the observatory. I listened to every word and kept direct eye contact. She even said "bye" as I stepped off the elevator, which I did reciprocate. Unfortunately, it wasn't until I arrived at my dorm that I realized what had just happened. An attractive girl was informing me of her future plans. Obvious enough for any normal guy. I tend to think a little too slowly in the presence of females, though. Retrospectively, I should have given her my number and asked her to call me if she wanted to meet up. It could have been nice.

Yes, I know, this was not the same as what my friend experienced. I just figured my own torture would make her laugh. Yes, this is torture for me because I always miss out on these signals, and I missed out on some great opportunities in high school the same way. Beh, high school...

Dear friend,

I do not know the circumstances. I do not know the reason. But I know that this should in no way define who you are. I still do not view you in a negative light. I don't think anyone should. Women will make decisions, and as much as it's said, they are not always right. No one is perfect, even though I am so bent on getting there. It's just one of those things that people must experience as to not face the same situation without prior knowledge. I know the results bother you, but I can assure that given the same setting, you will make the right decision, whatever it may be. If rewards are deserving, then by all means.

If you come back to Austin before summer starts, I'll let you style my hair. Gel, texture cream, spray, whatever. I'll let you decide. It'll make you smile, I promise.

{Tee hee hee. High school. Sitting at lunch. Some chic two years below me walks behind me and starts touching my hair. Everyone sitting next to me got all tense, because they knew that touching my hair was just something against the rules. That privilege is reserved for special people. She said, "Oh wow, I really like your hair! It's all spikey!" I sort of just sat there. I was flattered, even though she had crossed the line. It was a nice gesture.}

But yes, decisions, or a lack thereof, can lead to awkward moments, as well as positive situations.

I hope my friend feels better now. I've decided that I am now going to lay in bed and weep over how I lost out on something I never had. Not really. Think I'll just sleep. I'm sure I'll make up for my slowness there.

No comments: