Thursday, June 24

What a deal...

Well, it's not official yet, but it looks like we will get Stackhouse, Laettner and the 5 pick for Jamison. I know it's a good deal, but I hate losing Jamison. I liked his game and his ability to shrink his ego. Still, if this paves the way for getting Shaq and not losing Dirk, by all means.

Other news is that Dallas is interested in Kurt Thomas for 'Toine, and to acquire Dampier from Golden State. A lineup of Nash, Finley, Dirk, Thomas, and Dampier isn't bad either. We would also have Maruis and Howard coming off the bench, as well as our pick in the draft, likely Pavel Podkolzine. Pavel is 7'5 300 pounds and agile. Good potential, but it will take a while.

Yea yea, Lakers said they won't trade Shaq unless Dirk was involved. That was before we got the 5 pick. So unless thy repeat it, it's invalid.

Either way, gotta head to class to discuss Frankenstein. Shouldn't be tough at all. Test on Friday, which I would love to study for, except that the NBA Draft is tonight. Oh well, looks like I'll have to stay up really really late.

2 comments:

dontcare@delete.com said...

I think Jamison should have been used to get Shaq.

Dallas just gave a future number one up for Pavel who went to Utah with the 22nd pick.

Thomas would prolly like to come to Dallas again --- played here a few years back and also went to TCU. I don't like Dampier --- not enough game. If he came to Dallas he wouldn't start ... especially not with Nelson here. I would be more like Nash, Daniels, Finley, Dirk, and Thomas.

Good luck on the literature test.

SportsGal said...

I too am curious to see how this all unfolds. I liked Jamison a lot too but I can live with losing him. Hate to lose Dirk, and wouldn't like to lose Nash, but I could live with losing Nash to LA. As good as Shaq is though, not worth giving up Dirk.