Tuesday, July 27

Remembering...

I found my way. I figured out how to get all of my old files from my old hard drive. Just have to take ownership and reset permissions. Simple, right? Ha...

Still trying to set up my own network here at the apartment. The wireless thing is goin', but I still want to hook up my bro's computer to the network. Problem is, his computer sucks. "Failed to initialize Winsock" it says. Just need to reinstall the network files from the original Windows CD. Problem is, we don't have it. But, he has a friend with connections, so it works out alright. Everything should be done tomorrow.

I have to say, I'm fairly happy right now. I have no reason to be. But, something is keeping me going. I'll do a little digging and figure it out.

Some people see things and feel deja vu. Well, maybe not deja vu, but they recall some event from their past. For some people, different senses bring back visualizations. For me, it's music. When I hear Morning Bell / Amnesiac, I always think back to when I first got the CD and how I would fall asleep to it. Had a CD player hooked up to this little silver receiver, had car speakers hooked up to that, and that was my crappy system for a couple of months. They were just spare things lying in the garage. I was happy to piece it together though. But, I think it was my junior year in high school that I would sleep to it. Might have been the following summer. But it's clear as day to me. Listened to Californication on my way to Concert UIL my sophomore year. I sat alone on that bus. I was still very quiet that year. Eh...

Some groups or artists remind me of people though. There's one for Metric and Azure Ray, one for any Tori Amos song, one for The Crow Soundtrack, one for A Perfect Circle - 3 Libras and Deftones - Digital Bath. The list goes on. I associate people to music...it's odd really.

Speaking of sleeping music, time for me to head out. Class in the morning. Then it's the same routine.

2 comments:

dontcare@delete.com said...

Your brother's issue may be TCP/IP related. He must be running Win98 or WinME.

FBombAndy said...

Oy, we've reached that point, but I've tried configuring the TCP/IP settings by manually entering the DNS and IP Address. Host name, domain name, all of it. But when we go to the MS-Dos prompt, it says "Failed to initialize Winsock." I figure a dll must be corrupt or something. Yea, it's 98.